Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Monday!

What I’m thinking: I’m thinking about the diversity of human personalities—I know. But, if you think about it, it is fascinating. It just can’t be explained away by a big bang.


What I’m reading:  I’m reading a collection of American papers including The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, Emancipation Proclamation, Gettysburg Address, Patrick Henry’s famous “Give Me Liberty or Give  Me Death”, etc. I am amazed at the genius of these men.


What I’m listening to: I’m not hearing or listening to anything, at the moment, but have been enjoying “With Me” by Sum 41; great song and lyrics.


What I’m  learning: I’ve discovered that lists and goals are essential, especially when one is busy.


What I’m watching: We watched several movies last week, but my favorite was “Pursuit of Happyness”. That film was truly thought-provoking, with an incredible, tear-jerking performance by Will Smith.


What’s cooking: Made Chocolate Domingo Cake last night—too much butter and salt. I need to make notes on the recipe. (And I thought “The Cake Bible” was infallible…) I also made two molasses pumpkin pies and a sugar-free cranberry relish.


What I’m thankful for: My wonderful family. They make me laugh; we are all so similar.


What I’m creating: I created a giant to-do list last night. Huge. I shall go scream in a corner now.


What I’m praying: That I will know how to pray! Truly. Thankfully. Thoughtfully. Fully.


What I’m planning: I am planning on calling a dear friend, Miss J. She is so sweet, bubbly, and Christ-loving, but I haven’t talked to her in forever. I love old, faithful friends.


What I did this last weekend: I did a small bit of shopping with my mother and sisters; physics, chores, and a long walk with my father on Saturday; Sunday was filled with worship and a long afternoon of laughter, food, and relaxation with a close friend.


What I’m looking forward to: Girly time this week with my sisters and friends. I need a fix.


A picture to share: Recently, I have fallen in love with the photography skills of Annie Leibovitz. She is an amazing professional, a woman with an eye for lighting, coloring, and pure emotion. I am enraptured by her live Disney portrait spreads. Here is her version of Belle and the transformed prince…

No comments:

Post a Comment